Md Tariqul Islam
tariqsaj [at] dca.fee.unicamp.br| mtarislam [at] gmail.com
Md (abbreviation of Muhammad) Tariqul Islam is currently enrolled in the PhD program under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Christian Esteve Rothenberg in the Department of Computer Engineering and Industrial Automation (DCA), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (FEEC) at University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil. He is one of the members of the INTRIG Lab. He obtained the MSc degree from the DCA/FEEC/UNICAMP in early 2021. The prime focus of his master’s thesis was the prediction of end-user QoE for DASH video service at network edge premises through machine learning to help network orchestrators detect SLA violations and take run time action, which was part of the Ericson-funded CLAML (Control Loop Architecture with Adaptive Policy and Machine Learning Capabilities) project. He has completed the BSc degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) from Mawlana Bhashani Science and Technology University (MBSTU), Bangladesh, in 2018.
- SDN and NFV
- Edge Computing
- QoS and QoE of DASH Video
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- In-band Network Telemetry
- Wireless and Cellular Network Protocol Stack
- Intent-based Control Loop for DASH Video Service Assurance using ML-based Edge QoE Estimation. Christian Esteve Rothenberg, Danny Lachos Perez, Nathan Saraiva, Raphael Rosa, Raza Ul Mustafa, Md Tariqul Islam , Pedro Henrique Gomes. In IEEE NetSoft Demo Session, 2020. [PDF] [Video]
- DASH QoE Performance Evaluation Framework with 5G Datasets. Raza Ul Mustafa, Md Tariqul Islam, Christian Esteve Rothenberg, Simone Ferlin, Darijo Raca, Jason J. Quinlan. In IEEE CNSM AnServApp Workshop, 2020. [PDF] [Video] [GitHub]
- HAS Based Empirical QoE Study over TCP and QUIC on Diverse Networks. Md Tariqul Islam, Christian Esteve Rothenberg. In VII Pre-IETF Workshop, 2020. [Slides] [Video]
- Machine Learning-Assisted Closed-Control Loops for Automated Healing in Multi-Domain Zero-Touch Networks. Nathan Saraiva, Md Tariqul Islam, Raza Ul Mustafa, Danny Lachos Perez, Christian Esteve Rothenberg, Pedro Henrique Gomes. Manuscript submitted for publication.