Prof. Dr. Christian Esteve Rothenberg
Address :: Av. Albert Einstein – 400, Cidade Universitária Zeferino Vaz
CEP: 13083-852, Campinas, SP, Brazil. | Room :: 306-A | Google Map | Directions |
Email :: email@example.com | Tlf :: +55 (19) 3521 3778
Since August 2013, Christian Esteve Rothenberg is Assistant Professor at University of Campinas (UNICAMP), where he received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2010. Christian is the Lead Investigator of the INTRIG (Information & Networking Technologies Research & Innovation Group)
From 2010 to 2013, he worked as Senior Research Scientist in the areas of IP systems and networking at CPqD R&D Center in Telecommunications, Campinas, Brazil. During his PhD, he worked on probabilistic data structures applied to packet forwarding in content-centric networks, was a visiting researcher (2008) at Ericsson Research Nomadic Lab, Jorvas, Finland, and contributed to the EU FP7 Publish/Subscribe Internet Routing Paradigm (PSIRP) project. He holds the Telecommunication Engineering degree from the Technical University of Madrid (ETSIT/UPM), Spain, and the M.Sc. (Dipl. Ing.) degree in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology from the Darmstadt University of Technology (TUD), Germany, 2006. During his master thesis at Deutsche Telekom he worked on IMS-based fixed-mobile convergence and mobility management and was engaged in R&D activities on converged access networks (ScaleNet) and self-optimizing radio access networks.
His research activities span all layers of distributed systems and network architectures and are often carried in collaboration with academia and industry (e.g., Ericsson, Samsung, CPQD, Padtec, RNP) around the world, leading to multiple open source networking projects (e.g., RouteFlow, libfluid, ofsoftswitch13, Mininet-WiFi) in the areas of SDN and NFV among other scientific results.
He was an Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Research Associate (2013-2017), co-chair of the IEEE SDN Outreach Committee initiative (2016-2017), and the Brazilian coordinator of the EU-Brazil H2020 NECOS (Novel Enablers for Cloud Slicing) project (2017-2020). Currently, he is a member of the CPQD Innovation Committee (2017-2022), ACM SIGCOMM Information Services Director (since Sep/2021), Outreach Coordinator of FEEC/UNICAMP (2019-2023), and member of the IEEE NetSoft Steering Committee (2022-2025).
Christian contributed to five international patents and over 200 scientific publications, including scientific journals and top-tier networking conferences such as SIGCOMM and INFOCOM, altogether featuring 9000+ citations.
9000+ [h-index : 31, i10-index: 31] (Dec. 2021)
Complete List of Publications per Year / Type
- Guest Editor
TNSM (Guest Editor – SI on Management of Softwarized Networks, 2016), Proceedings of the IEEE (Guest Editor – SI on Adaptive and Scalable Communication Networks, 2018), Future Internet (SI on 5G-V2X Communications and Networking for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, 2019), MDPI Electronics (SI on Recent advances in Programmable Networks: Challenges and Opportunities, 2021) (New Trends in SDN/NFV Architectures and Routing Solutions, 2021);
- Organizing Committee (OC)
New Architectures for Future Internet, CPqD, Campinas, 2009; International Workshop on New Routing and Control Paradigms for Future Networks, CPqD, Campinas, 2011; IEEE NetSoft Workshop on advances in Slicing for Softwarized Infrastructures (S4SI) [2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022]; IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Hot Topics in Network and Service Management (HotNSM2019); IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2019) Panel on Maturing E2E Network and Cloud Slicing; NECOS Industrial Workshop 2019; EADCA 2020; ACM SIGCOMM 2021 Publication Co-Chair; ACM SOSR 2021 Publicity Co-Chair, anp Publications Co-Chair; ICIN 2022 Tutorial Co-Chair; IEEE NetSoft 2022 Tutorial Co-Chair; IEEE NetSoft Steering Committee [2022 – 2024].
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) Chair
SBRC 2015; SDWN 2015, ACM SIGCOMM 2016Poster/Demo, PROGNETS 2017, ICCCN 2019 (SDN/NFV Track), IEEE NFV-SDN’19 – MOBISLICE II, IEEE NetSoft 2021, SBrT 2022SBRC 2015; SDWN 2015, ACM SIGCOMM 2016 Poster/Demo, PROGNETS 2017 IEEE NetSoft 2021
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member
NGNM 2008; TridentCom [2009 – 2011]; Mobilware [2009, 2010]; MONAMI [2011, 2012]; WPEIF [2010 – 2019]; ICC WS SDN 2012; LatinCloud [2012 – 2014]; HotSDN 2013; Networking 2014; Infocom 2014 (poster/demo session); ICNP PhD Forum [2013,2014]; WSDIF 2014; ManSDN/NFV 2014; CEEC’15; ACM ICN 2014 and 2015, SOFTNETWORKING 2015; NetSys SDNFlex 2015; ICCCN 2015 MASONS; IEEE NetSoft MISSION 2015; IEEE NFV-SDN 2015; IWQoS ’15 (Poster/Demo); Globecom’15 SAC-SDN; EWSDN 2013, 2014, and 2015; Soft5G 2016; DISN’2016; ACM ICN 2016; SBRC [2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (TPC Co-chair), 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021]; ITC28 ; SDNFlex [2017, 2018]; FiCloud [2016 – 2021]; EuCNC [2017, 2019]; IEEE NetSoft [2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,
2020, 2021]; EuroP4 [2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 ], IEEE/IFIP NOMS [2020, 2021]; IEEE CNSM ; ACM SIGCOMM Poster/Demo ; ACM SOSR ; CNSM ZNSM 2021; ACM CoNEXT [2016 – 2018, 2021]; Globecom2022 SAC MLC;
[Journals] Springer JNSM, Wiley (Internet Technology Letters) ACM (Computing Reviews, Surveys) Elsevier (COMNET, COMCOM, FGCS, JNCA, CSI, OSN), IEEE (Comm Letters, Comm Magazine, Tutorials & Surveys, Access, JSAC, TNSM), ACM/IEEE Transactions (TKDE, TNSM, TON, TPDS);
[Funding Bodies] CNPq, FAPESP PIPE, CTIC/RNP, EU FP7-ICT, EU H2020, FONDECYT-CHILE, Research Foundation Flanders (FWO), Poland National Science Centre (NCN), Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), Croatian Unity through Knowledge Fund (UKF), Mitacs Canada;
- Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Research Associate (2013 – 2017).
- IEEE SDN Outreach Co-Chair (2016 – 2018).
- CPQD Innovation Committee Member (Since Mar/2017).
- DCA Department Chair (Apr/2017-Mar/2019).
- FEEC Research & Outreach Coordinator (Jun/2019 – May/2023).
- ACM SIGCOMM Information Services Director (Since Sep/2021).
– Oferta de temas de TFC (Trabalho de Fim de Curso) e IC (Iniciação Científica)
- IA376/C :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação VII. Advanced Topics in Networking: Laboratório de Redes Softwarizadas / Network Softwarization Lab. [1S/2017] [1S/2018] [1S/2019] [1S/2020] [1S/2021] [1S/2022]
- IA369/P :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação VI. Advanced Topics in Networking: Network Functions Virtualization and Software Defined Networking [1S/2015], [1S/2016]
- IA368/T :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação V. Tema: Redes na Era de Cloud Computing e Software Defined Networking. [2S/2013], [1S/2014]
- EA 074 :: Introdução as Redes de Computadores [1S/2017] [1S/2018] [1S/2019] [1S/2020] [1S/2021] [1S/2022]
- EA 075 :: Introdução ao Projeto de Sistemas Embarcados [1S/2016]
- EA 869 :: Introdução a Sistemas de Computação Digital [1S/2014]
- EA 879 :: Introdução a Software Básico [2S/2013] [2S/2015]
- EA 976 :: Engenharia de Software [2S/2014] [2S/2018]
- EA 080 :: Laboratório de Redes de Computadores [2S/2017] [2S/2019] [2S/2020] [2S/2021]
- EA 872 :: Laboratório de Programação de Software Básico [2S/2016]
- EA 975 :: Laboratório de Engenharia de Software [1S/2015]
Extension (seasonal / available on demand):
- FEE-0157 – Redes Definidas por Software e Virtualização de Funções de Rede (Carga-Horária: 40 horas.) [More info: EXTECAMP]
- INF-0556 – Redes Definidas por Software. Curso de Especialização em Redes de Computadores Modalidade Extensão Universitária. [2S/2016, 2S/2017]