Prof. Dr. Christian Esteve Rothenberg
Email :: email@example.com | Tlf :: +55 (19) 3521 3778
Since August 2013, Christian Esteve Rothenberg is Assistant Professor at University of Campinas (UNICAMP), where he received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2010. From 2010 to 2013, he worked as Senior Research Scientist in the areas of IP systems and networking at CPqD R&D Center in Telecommunications, Campinas, Brazil.
Christian is the Principal Investigator and Head of the INTRIG (Information & Networking Technologies Research & Innovation Group), and DCA/FEEC department chair (2017-2019).
During his PhD, he worked on probabilistic data structures applied to packet forwarding in content-centric networks, was a visiting researcher (2008) at Ericsson Research Nomadic Lab, Jorvas, Finland, and contributed to the EU FP7 Publish/Subscribe Internet Routing Paradigm (PSIRP) project.
He holds the Telecommunication Engineering degree from the Technical University of Madrid (ETSIT/UPM), Spain, and the M.Sc. (Dipl. Ing.) degree in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology from the Darmstadt University of Technology (TUD), Germany, 2006. During his master thesis at Deutsche Telekom he worked on IMS-based fixed mobile convergence and mobility management, and was engaged in R&D activities on converged access networks (ScaleNet) and self-optimizing radio access networks.
Christian has two international patents and over 100 publications, including scientific journals and top-tier networking conferences such as SIGCOMM and INFOCOM.
Internet architectures, Packet Routing and Forwarding, Information-Centric Networking, Data Center Networks, Cloud Computing, Telecom networks, Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization.
- Technical Program Committee (TPC): NGNM 2008; TridentCom 2009, 2010, and 2011; Mobilware 2009 and 2010; MONAMI 2011 and 2012; WPEIF 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013; ICC WS SDN 2012; LatinCloud 2012, 2013, and 2014; HotSDN 2013; Networking 2014; Infocom 2014 (poster/demo session); ICNP PhD Forum 2013 and 2014; WSDIF 2014; ManSDN/NFV 2014; CEEC’15; ACM ICN 2014 and 2015, SOFTNETWORKING 2015; NetSys SDNFlex 2015; ICCCN 2015 MASONS; IEEE NetSoft MISSION 2015; EWSDN 2013, 2014, and 2015; SBRC [2012,2013, 2014, 2015 (TPC Co-chair), 2016]; IEEE NFV-SDN 2015; SDWN 2015 (TPC Chair); IWQoS ’15 (Poster/Demo); Globecom’15 SAC-SDN; ITC28; IEEE NetSoft 2016,2017, 2018; NetSoft 2016 – Soft5G; ACM SIGCOMM 2016 Poster/Demo (TPC Co-Chair); ACM CoNEXT [2016, 2017]; DISN’2016; FiCloud 2016; ACM ICN 2016; PROGNETS 2017 (TPC Co-Chair); SDNFlex 2017
– Journals: ACM Computing Reviews, IEEE Comm Letters, IEEE Comm Magazine, Elsevier COMNET, Elsevier COMCOM, ACM TPDSSI, TKDE, TON, TPDS, TNSM (Guest Editor – SI on Management of Softwarized Networks)
– Funding Agencies: EU FP7-ICT, EU H2020, FONDECYT-CHILE, Research Foundation Flanders (FWO), Poland National Science Centre (NCN), Science Foundation Ireland (SFI), Croatian Unity through Knowledge Fund (UKF), FAPESP PIPE, CTIC/RNP
- Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Research Associate, since 2013-2016.
- IEEE SDN Outreach Co-Chair, 2016-2018.
- CPqD Innovation Committee Member, since March 2017.
- IA376/C :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação VII. Advanced Topics in Networking: Laboratório de Redes Softwarizadas / Network Softwarization Lab. [1/2017 – Moodle EA]
- IA369/P :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação VI. Advanced Topics in Networking: Network Functions Virtualization and Software Defined Networking [1S/2015], [1S/2016]
- IA368/T :: Tópicos em Engenharia de Computação V. Tema: Redes na Era de Cloud Computing e Software Defined Networking. [2S/2013], [1S/2014]
- EA 080 :: Laboratório de Redes de Computadores [2S/2017 – Moodle EA]
- EA 074 :: Introdução as Redes de Computadores [1S/2017 – Moodle EA]
- EA 872 :: Laboratório de Programação de Software Básico [2S/2016 – Moodle EA]
- EA 075 :: Introdução ao Projeto de Sistemas Embarcados [1S/2016]
- EA 975 :: Laboratório de Engenharia de Software: [1S/2015]
- EA 976 :: Engenharia de Software: [2S/2014]
- EA 869 :: Introdução a Sistemas de Computação Digital: [1S/2014]
- EA 879 :: Introdução a Software Básico: [2S/2013] [2S/2015]
Extension (seasonal / available on demand):
- FEE-0157 – Redes Definidas por Software e Virtualização de Funções de Rede (Carga-Horária: 40 horas.) [More info: EXTECAMP]
- INF-0556 – Redes Definidas por Software. Curso de Especialização em Redes de Computadores Modalidade Extensão Universitária. [2S/2016, 2S/2017]