Information for Prospective Students | INTRIG @ DCA/FEEC/UNICAMP
I am always looking for talented and motivated new members for the INTRIG research group at DCA/FEEC/UNICAMP!
INTRIG (Information & Networking Technologies Research & Innovation Group)
This note provides some basic information for PhD/MSc/Undergrad students/applicants who are interested in joining my group.
We are looking for students with creativity, deep thinking, and a strong competitive drive. Generally, we work on innovative networking and compute technologies and the open research challenges often in partnership with the industry, and other research groups and open source projects worldwide.
Check our projects and publications to learn more about our research activities and determine whether your research interests are aligned with ours.
Be aware, however, that while we work very hard to lead our students, we also demand a lot from our students in energy, hard work and commitment.
Please carefully read this information before contacting me.
You can find all the basic information about the admission process at the FEEC CPG admission web site (extended information in Portuguese).
For international students, check also Unicamp International Relations Office (VRERI) for further useful information, including the admission process
Here you can find an institutional presentation about Unicamp and Campinas and here is video promoting Campinas city.
A Few Reasons to Join my research group at DCA/FEEC/UNICAMP
- UNICAMP is a highly ranked University where you will enjoy a well-balanced student life.
- You become part of an active and cooperative research team of graduate and undergraduate students.
- You work on fundamental research problems and make an impact by producing high-impact research results, cutting-edge networking technologies contributing to the formation of high-value competences in industry and academia, and highly-cited publications that altogether add up into a solid dissertation.
- You receive a great deal of attention and advice in your research from me, from our external collaborators (national and international) who are well-known senior researchers in the networking community, and senior members of FEEC and UNICAMP.
- There are many opportunities to get involved in (national and international) collaborative projects with our research group.
- You also get a chance to do an internship in (national and international) research labs and often work on a project related to your own research.
Information for PhD Students (Doutorado)
I am always looking for new PhD students every year.
My group conducts research in several applied areas of network systems.
You can check our projects and publications to learn more about our research activities and determine whether your research interests are aligned with ours.
Good English skills (writing and oral) are mandatory.
Information for MSc Students (Mestrado)
Several talented MSc students have greatly contributed in our research projects.
We are always looking for motivated and talented MS students to join our team.
Having prior knowledge in computer networks and good programming skills are essential. Likewise, working-level English skills.
Undergraduate Research Projects (IC, TFC)
I am looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated undergraduate students who have excellent analytical and programming skills, while being willing to accept challenges and engage in networking research problems.
Check here an incomplete (and probably already outdated) list of open topics to carry your final course project (TFC) or your scientific initiation project (IC).
Knowledge of computer and network architecture are recommended. Likewise, knowledge of programming languages are a plus (e.g. Python, Java). Willingness to learn, while improving their algorithm design and analysis skills is also a requirement. I normally have various interesting short-term and long-term projects in these fields.
Feel free to contact me for more details or present your own ideas.
Department of Computer Engineering and Industrial Automation (DCA),
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (FEEC), University of Campinas (Unicamp),
Cidade Universitária Zeferino Vaz - Barão Geraldo, Campinas - SP, 13083-970